Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 10, 2011

Hello friends,
Two years ago today at this very hour was the most horrifying day of my life.  I didn't know if I would make it through the day, but God in His infinite mercy gave me Isaiah 26:3 to sustain me.  
     "I will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Me..."

That verse was a record in my head and heart for a week straight at least.  A  promise that I was not going to have a nervous breakdown and that God would see me through this if I concentrated on Him.  It is no easy task to stay focused on God when your child's life is hanging in the balance.  In His grace, God sustained us these two years and more than that has given us joy in the midst of the trials.  Without joy in the Lord we would be a miserable lot.  Psalm 16:11 says, "In Your presence is fullness of joy...".  To me, that means that if we are spending time with our Lord we will be joyful.  Joy has nothing to do with our circumstances in life.  It does not mean that everything in our life is perfect and going just as we had planned.  Joy is not dependent on our feelings, but on our relationship with Jesus.  There are many times that we are not happy, but there is always joy.   If you feel that there is no joy in your life then maybe you need to check on your relationship with Jesus.


As for Micah, he is doing well.  We got moved into our new house (still in some boxes) and he has just started back to school.  He still struggles to do the most basic of movements, but has been making more noise and eating more.  Since moving to the new house he has eaten many things:  fish, peach pie, banana, ice cream, country ham, fried potatoes, candy, etc...
He has not eaten a lot of it, but has had several bites of each and thoroughly enjoyed it.  This morning I made him some garlic cheese grits, one of his favorite things.  I told him that I believe one day he will marry a southern bell since he likes grits so much!  He laughed, but I really do believe that.  We still hold on to the promises of God for Micah.  He is a most happy child when we are praying and singing to God.  He will preach one day, of this I am sure, and tell people of all the wonderful things God has done for him.  


Blessings,
Tina

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this anniversary post, Tina. I "amen" those thoughts for Micah! Bless the Lord for the wonderful home Micah lives in -- and I don't mean that new house ya'll just moved into, though Congrats on making it there! Love and prayers for you all, Hashachar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on Micah and the new picture as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God, He looks wonderful. May God continue to work, and we know He will!!!
    You guys were on my Heart today!
    Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, your words are so true. The word for us this year also was "Praise God in the wilderness". That means even if we see barrenness around us or don't have the answers to our prayers, we're asked to praise Him. Not because we're forced to but because we put our trust on the God who never fails and never forsakes us. Then we receive peace and joy and see that our love for Him increase.We thank God for how He has kept Micah and you all through this and has in fact blessed many everywhere through your blogs of faith! love & prayers Shanti & Bernard

    ReplyDelete