Monday, February 8, 2010

February 5, 2010 12 AM

Hello friends,
     Well, I can't say we're doing great, but we're doing okay.  We are not getting everything done with Micah that we need to, but we have been working through 5 months of clutter and rearranging rooms also.  We're getting close to being done with the upstairs and then will move downstairs.  Thanks for the prayers for Micah, he fell asleep last night and tonight before we ever took him to the room.  Once asleep, there is not much that will wake him.  We're slowly working his food schedule to something manageable for our lives which means not having to be up at the crack of dawn or up in the middle of the night.  He did throw up this morning a little, but nothing the rest of the day so I'm praying that it will stay that way.  
     A big thank you to all of you dear people that are bringing food, I honestly don't think I could have made it through the last few days if I had had to cook also!  What a blessing!  
     Micah is doing good and is really enjoying being home.  Yesterday I think he laughed most of the day!  At one point (or more) I had to make the kids leave him alone because they had him laughing so hard he had tears rolling down his face and I thought he needed a break just to breathe!    The kids have been great with him and have been a good help for me also. 
       
Feb. 8, 2010

Hello again.  The last few days have gone well.  There has been no emesis, Micah is sleeping good and we actually made it to church on Sunday!  That was my first church service in 5 months outside of our family worship with Micah at the hospital.  It was wonderful to get to see my family again!  A lot of time was given over the weekend to training the kids in doing what they can to help with Micah.  They can do more for him than make him laugh, which according to scripture, is great medicine!  I believe that our biggest task now is to get into a routine that works with Micah's routine.  He takes a lot of time and if we're not careful , nothing but taking care of him gets done.  Please add this to your prayer list for us.  Blessings to each of you!
Tina


A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Prov. 17:22

2 comments:

  1. It gives me chills to know how happy he is!!! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so good to see your whole family together at church again...first of many. we love you guys and are still praying daily.

    ReplyDelete