Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010 10 AM

Hello friends,
     Only two days left!  I'm getting ready to go spend some time with Micah, he has cooking and speech therapy together this morning.  I got to spend quite a bit of time with him yesterday as I was here alone.  While talking to Micah last night about how much God loves him he made a "g" sound which I've not heard him make before and so I took that he was trying to say God and agreed with him and he seemed completely satisfied that I understood him.  That was the only sound he made last night.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  The last two days he was also helping me with putting his splints on by moving his legs.  He has not done any of this since his surgery.  I think he was also trying to get his foot over the side of the bed again the other day!  As soon as the nurse put the side down he swung his foot straight to the edge of the bed.  We're praying that being at home will only increase his healing and movement.
     My verse today was Ps. 37:5:
   
"Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass."

Here is the lyrics to part of a song that has been very special to me the past few months.  I don't think I've shared it with you, but if so, it's a good one to repeat.  I know that there are many besides my family struggling right now, crying out for a loved one and this song voices those cries.  If you want to see the whole song I have the artist's name at the bottom.

Hold My Heart
How long must I pray, must I pray to You?
How long must I wait, must I wait for You?
How long 'til I see Your face, see You shining through?
I'm on my knees, begging You to notice me.
I'm on my knees, Father will You turn to me?

One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?
One life, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Would You come close and hold my heart
              -Tenth Avenue North

Be blessed dear ones,
Tina
        

4 comments:

  1. when the earth passes away. And dusk is turned to day, still will I be there ... your nurturing and loving care.

    -by a mysterious relative of yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. "yesterday is history... tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift... thats why they call it the present."

    -by a famous movie... posted by a mysterious relative of yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy you are all going to be home together. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the Feb. 3, so maybe you all are already home! We never stop praying. Love you all. The Burkes

    ReplyDelete