Thursday, December 17, 2009

December 17, 2009 12 AM

Hello again,
    It's been a long day and I didn't get to spend much of it with Micah, but what time I was there was good.  The surgeon came and said that everything looked good, no throwing up today, and several timely smiles.  Micah was looking very relaxed when I got there (almost too relaxed).  We went for a walk and took the book with us again and read another 2 chapters today.  Today's reading had some things in it that any boy his age would find funny (no more explanation needed I hope).  While reading those parts I would look up and every time Micah had a big smile on his face.  It's so nice to see him finding humor in things!  He also smiled when I told him I knew what Grandma got him for Christmas.  It was a short, sweet visit.  I pray with him before I leave for the evening and try to always remind him of how many people love him and are praying for him.  
     I may have put this song on here before, I'm not sure, but it is ever present in my heart lately.  Almost every time I get in the car I hear it and it never fails to bring waves of emotions.  So, hear it is again (maybe).  If God has put something on your heart to do or to pray for, don't give up.  Remind God of those things that He has spoken to you and of the promises given in His word.  He tells us to come to Him as a child and if yours are like mine they are not bashful about saying, "Mom, you said......."  It drives me nuts when they do that, but it doesn't drive our Father nuts, I guess if we're coming and telling Him what He said then He is happy to know that we have been listening to Him.  Wow, I've never thought of it that way before......  
Love you all, keep hoping
Tina  


 That's What Faith Can Do 



Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you are stronger, stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining
chorus:

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do
 It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
Impossible is not a word
It’s just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody’s scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It’ll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

(chorus)
 Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That’s what faith can do)
When the world says you can’t
It’ll tell you that you can!
 (chorus)

 That’s what faith can do
That's what faith can do!
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise



       - Kutless

1 comment:

  1. make sure to tell micah how much we love him/praying for him. great to hear of him smiling at the funny parts of the book...LOVE that smile!!! so glad you're cherishing the time reading with him; that was 1 of the things we've missed so much with me so busy/julian gone.
    we love you guys bunches and can't wait to see you.
    -sheila

    ReplyDelete