Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27 10:30 PM

Hello friends,
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We  had a good time here with most of my family coming to visit and talking with most of Thomas family via the Skype camera.  Our last company left this morning.  Thomas got here Tuesday evening and will be here till Sunday, yeah!!  We've enjoyed having him around for so many days, I just hope that Micah doesn't get upset when he leaves.  We decided to not  bring Micah here with so many people in the house and it turned out to be a good decision as he did not sleep the night before.  He slept most of the day on Thanksgiving, 17 hours straight!  
Today was a good day for him, we took all the kids up to see him late afternoon and even though the sun was going down he did not want to go in until it got very cold outside.  
December 4th is the date of the trial for the new medicine.  We will be going down the road to St. John's Mercy Hospital and the trial is at 7:30 AM.   The trial will last 6 hours and if it goes well then Micah will be scheduled for another surgery as this medicine would be given via a pump.  I'm not excited about that part of it, but God is in control and He was not surprised by this.  I'm quite certain that if this is not a part of His plan for Micah then it will not happen.  Also, if we have the surgery, we just found out that the Dr. will want to observe Micah for 3 more weeks!  If his surgery were to be scheduled immediately after the trial, that would push us to the beginning of January.  I was really hoping that we were going to be home before that : (   Please be praying for us that all will go well and that we will keep trusting and not worrying or doubting.  
Most of my kids will be going to my parents again this week, one will be with Thomas and I will be here with Micah so pray for our safety during the travel times.  
I'm so thankful for all of you out there that are praying for us, we are praying the Father's blessings on you all everyday.  We do not take for granted all the wonderful extended family that God has blessed us with.  I'm thankful that God is walking with us through the dark tunnel that we are in right now and I'm looking forward to walking "through" that tunnel with Him.  God does not take us to a hard place and leave us, though at times it may feel that way.  He takes our hand and encourages all along the way and I pray that I can pass that encouragement along to you.  As He gives to us, we must give to you.  This is true for each of you also, our trials are not just for our own sakes, they are to build up the body of Christ.  God has given us each something to share so let's not be stingy, share.
Love you all,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment