Thursday, October 8, 2009

October 8 9:00 PM

Hi Friends,
Sorry it has been a while since I have been on here as I forgot to take the computer to the hospital one day and didn't have internet connections at the house until this afternoon.  So, the kids are all with me now and we have spent the day not doing school, but settling everyone into the house and playing or reading.  We are all doing well and are enjoying being together again after such a long time.  Yesterday I actually cooked something, I haven't cooked in a month!  We have had so much rain here the last couple of days that if the creek behind the house were wider I think we could have gone whitewater rafting!   Thomas will be coming up again this weekend and then we can all be together for a few days again, we're very happy about that!  
This afternoon I took one of the kids with me to visit with Micah for some time and had a very good visit.  He slept well again last night and did very good with all of the various therapists that he meets with on a daily basis.  I can't remember if I already told you about the med reduction the other day so forgive me if this is a repeat.  He is currently on 4 different meds regularly, 2 of them he has been on from the beginning.  2 days ago one of them was reduced from 4 times daily to 3 times daily because his BP has been regulating itself very well.  Today when I came they had reduced the other med also for the same reason again.  A third med they have reduced to every other day so Micah is improving every day, praise God!  The doctor has also noted that his posturing has calmed quite a bit and he says that this means his brain is starting to calm down.
The last two days have been a bit of an adjustment for both me and Micah as I am not a part of his wallpaper anymore.  That being said, he was happy to see me today, but before he smiled, he squinched his face up and braced himself for kisses!  He knew they were coming, it was quite funny.  
God has proven himself faithful over and over so much so that it's become really difficult for me to worry.  Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't feel so badly about what is going on.  This must sound horrible, but I don't know how else to explain how I feel.  I have cried more lately over God's grace and provision for us than I have over my child.  I know that I should not worry, I know that God provides for all our needs, I know that God loves us, but His provision has so overwhelmed us that, well I don't know what to say or do.   There is a Twila Paris song from some years ago that talks about when we grow up in the faith you would think that we would be used to the things that God does, but I never get used to what You do.  Just when I even star to worry the least bit about Micah or the others, something else happens that takes my breath away and pulls me back to the Father that loves me so much and knows how I feel.   He just keeps proving Himself over and over again, His grace is simply amazing.  
I've been praying for all of you that God would bless each of you for being such a blessing to us, we love you dear ones.
Blessings,
Tina



7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. So excited that you are together.
    As Micah anticipates his loving kisses, it reminds me of how the Father does the same to us each new day.
    Much love,
    Linda Arreguin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,

    We love you and we are saying prayers of thanksgiving for you, Micah and your family.

    We pray for Micah, you and your family every morning and each night.

    Love The Wise Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying here.

    Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful for God's blessings in the midst of the storm. I was glad to hear about your day. We continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina, I tried to go to sleep and I remembered I had one more thing to do, check the blog. I am happy all of you are together, that's a good thing.I am pleased that Micah is responding better.God works wonders, that is for sure. I have the address of the hospital and I will send cards to you. God knows cards and letters make a big difference. With Love Your neighbors, Larry and Judy Pratt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thankful and happy that Micah is improving and things are settling a little. I know your kids are happy to be back with their Mom. I continue to pray for Micah's miracle of complete recovery.
    Love to you all,
    Loyce Ann Frankland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I don't have the opportunity to get on here very much, but I wanted you guys to know what a blessing it was for your family at Family Worship Center to see "Your Gang" on Sunday. It was probably a little overwhelming for your parents but it was go great to see everyone. I was especially excited for your crew from Kid City because 5 Kid City kids were baptized Sunday after worship service and before they left for Kid City. All of the kids were so excited.

    On a more personal note, my nurse-paralegal's (BA) husband was a pastor in Kentucky. A month or so ago, they found out he had an extremely aggressive brain tumor and he was given only 3 months to live. Because of the "words" being spoken over him by their "Christian" friends, they began to sink into the "acceptance" that a quick death is what God wanted for him. However, because BA had been to FWC with me several times, and because of the many conversations we have had together, yesterday when she was here, I asked her what they wanted us to pray for them. She said without hesitation that we should be praying for "God's miraculous healing" to take place in her husband. He is now going to a new doctor who has seen God step in and miraculously heal people. The doctor has even documented those events in his dictations in the different people's medical records. Sometimes the healings have been instantaneous and sometimes they took a while. Because of the influence of the Holy Spirit in Christians who actually believe and have faith in the Word of God, their attitudes have completely changed.

    Be strong in the knowledge that with Christ, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!

    When I was going through my cancer treatments, one of my colleagues gave me this verse and it has meant so much to me during those "tough times":

    Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary and His understanding no one can fathom. ... They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40: 28-31

    Hang in there and keep trusting in the Lord that through all of this, HE WILL BE GLORIFIED.

    We love you all, miss you all, and pray for God's strength and power to be revealed through Micah.

    Sadia

    ReplyDelete