Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25 10:30 PM

Dear friends,
Sorry I did not get to this sooner, it was a busy day today.  Filled with therapy, talks with docs, nurses, case managers & good friends.  Even now it is still not quiet as Micah has decided to wake up from what I was hoping was going to be an all night sleep : (  He had a very good day that I was hoping would tire him out as he did not sleep well last night.  Everyone that came in today was commenting on how good Micah looked today, how alert, etc...  That was good to hear from others, mom's can be a bit prejudiced about their kids.  My biggest source of frustration right now (for him also) is that he cannot tell me what is hurting.  All he can do is make noises, we can usually tell if he is angry or hurting or simply making noise, but that's about it.  Sometimes it seems like his frustration comes from being trapped inside a body that he cannot control.  There is nothing I can do to make it better so we pray, we cry and we pray some more.  Only God understands what is going on inside that boy and I have to believe that it is for the glory of God though it may seem like he is tormented at times.


One of the main things that I'm bothered by, besides wanting complete healing for Micah, is that this weekend is sort of a deadline for us.  The hospital has done all they can do for Micah and if God does not intervene then we have to make a decision.  They want us to do an in-patient therapy for Micah and from what we hear it is a great thing.  The problem is that there is not one in the state of TN.  The closest ones are St. Louis & Atlanta and with somewhere between a 4 - 12 week stay that would require me and the kids to move to that locale while Thomas stays here for work and visits us on the weekends.  So we would be looking at another 1-3 months of are family being split up.  At this point we have to do what is best for Micah, but the thought of it makes me very sad as all I want is to be together with my family in my house.  Please keep praying for us as it has already been so hard for us being split up for these 2 weeks.  


"For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?  But if we hope for what we do not see, then we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.  Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses.  For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."            Romans 8:24-28


May the Lord bless you all,
Tina

4 comments:

  1. Tina, We had a really great evening with a bunch of grad students. The ones who know Stephanie asked about her and I told them about Micah, showed them his picture on our fridge and asked them to pray for him. Julian had a very powerful time of prayer for Micah this week. I am so glad that Steph is there with you tonight.
    Our love,
    The Reeses Pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, thanks for the update i was waiting to read it.Some folks from Delhi also called asking what today's latest news on Micah is. We're thankful to God for keeping you & giving you both the energy to take care of all these matters.We continue to pray as God works out something so you can all be together again.Talked to Shirley also. talked to mom & dad, they're towards the end of their trip in Kerala, in a couple of days they head back to Delhi.This weekend we're visiting Milu & Tyris family in Virginia.Mom's eldest sis from Kerala & our cousin dropped in last night.They all asked about you. Take care. love Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I have to read the updates before I go to bed, it just helps me sleep better knowing I have said a pray for you (you meaning the whole family). I do miss seeing you in your house with the children running around. God knows you want to get back to your home. In His Time. Soon, all will come to pass and you will be cooking in your kitchen.I really do believe that will happen.
    Love Larry and Judy Pratt

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Haley, I have to start by saying I really miss you and your family being around. I miss your faces and your hugs. We want to come see you Sunday if that works. I am in total agreement with your friend that you will all be in your home (what a refruge for so many) again soon. Greater things are yet to come, greater things are still to be done in this city, in and through the varughese family. It will come to pass! I know that your "girlfriends" want to help with some of the load. We have set aside oct. 10 as a work day to do whatever you need us to do; clean the house, do repairs, yard work, take the kids shopping for fall clothes or an outing whatever we can do, just let me know. You ministered a powerful word to us at the last girlfriends and we love you very much. You all may never know how overwhelmingly blessed we feel to have you in our lives. We will continue standing with you in faith for micah's complete restoration.

    ReplyDelete